Tuesday, September 13, 2011

first year

I spent the weekend celebrating a best friend's wedding in Nashville; it was the perfect girls weekend.  I am overjoyed to hear of all the blessings they are experiencing. It seems there are many weddings to come, and I love witnessing those I love the most with someone who appreciates them as much as I do.

Speaking of weddings, I have spent the last week recalling ours as we approached our first year anniversary this Sunday. Our wedding weekend was most memorable and I loved the way our day unfolded... waking up with to my sister and best friend's excitement, spending the day lounging in our little mountain cottage, watching as a light mountain storm passed though, feeling His presence as the rain cleared and a mist settled in the gardens, and hearing the bagpipes play as the guests arrived.
 I am humbled by the love that surrounded us that day and I am  overwhelmingly grateful.



 











Since this day, we have been through many changes in location, career, etc., but despite the transitions, I find a sweet peace when looking back on our wedding photos and remember the love of our families, the excitement of our friends, and our faith and love for each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment